What is power flushing?
Simply, power flushing is the process of cleaning a central heating system.
We use of a purposely designed low pressure high velocity circulation pump and a powerful magnetic filter. (See pictures of magnet filter in action below)
How its done
The pump is connected to the central heating system at a suitable radiator or the flow pump housing. There is no need to remove the radiators. So it means minimum disruption.The Process takes about 4 to 8 Hours. (depending on size of the system).
This picture shows the amount of rusty metal (iron oxide) picked up by the magnet during the flushing of the1st radiator
This picture shows the cleaned magnetic pole (rod) being replaced back into the filter.
The magnetic pole being removed for cleaning after the 2nd radiator flush. You can clearly see the black coloured rusty metal deposits that it has attracted once again.
The process is repeated until all radiators are clean. During the process chemicals are used to help dislodge scale and sludge, this then is neutralised before it is dumped and system filled with clean fresh water. Once water is at the correct pH value the system is then restored to normal working condition and inhibitor added to protect the system from corrosion. Your radiators are then bled and balanced to ensure even heat output to all radiators.
Some reasons why you may need it done:
- Your radiators often need bleeding.(removal of air, this dilutes protective chemicals and causes rust build up)
- One or more radiators have cold areas.(bad circulation, there is sludge present causing obstruction to flow)
- Your pump has been giving trouble, is noisy or has even been replaced recently (a sign that rust is present and should be removed and system treated to prevent further damage.)
- Rusty marks appearing on radiators normally at bottom, near bleed screw and valve tails. (lack of VITAL system chemicals to prevent rust)
- Valves leaking or sticking. (thermostatic valve pin will not open)
- Your boiler is making unusual sounds. (known as Kettling, scale build up or poor flow causing water to boil/ boiler to cut out).
- your expansion tank and the water is dirty and sludge is present.(some water in tanks may look clear but bottom of tank can contain sludge and scale)
- It’s never been done and the system is over 5 years old. (Less if system does not have the right chemicals to combat rust, you had to drain down system and inhibitor was not replaced).
- System needs regular water top up. (combi boilers. Chemicals get diluted and will no longer be as effective therefore rust and sludge does build up quite fast and results in poor heat output.)
- You save on repairs/replacement. (to boiler, radiator valves, pumps, and radiators.)
- Your home will warm up quicker.
- You save on fuel bills as your boiler can be turned down as flow is now improved.
- and best of all, you can put the savings towards a nice holliday instead.
So why use us?
We promise to do the job correctly, treat your home with the respect it deserves, guarantee our work and not talk you into having work done that doesn’t need doing.
Please call us on: 0208 363 4085
We cover most areas within an hour’s drive from Enfield. inc. Central London